Welcome

Tala to all that enter...

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Return.

"After months of being away from her home, Ambialin returned to the seas that she held dear to her heart. Excited to see those whom she had left behind, she entered with great expectancy of many heart-felt greetings... and received none. Her home was barren, completely void of life, aside from the few stray fish that aimlessly swam about. No merfolk of any sort could be found and Ambialin's heart broke. All of her acquaintances and dear friends had vanished... And only she was left. What would become of her? Confused, she quickly took off on a frantic search to find others of her kind..."

I've noticed after quite some time of being away from SL's oceans, a lot of merfolk-based sims have died. The lack of participation in role-play has killed quite a few of them and it's sad to see how they've all vanished. Many of my mer RP friends have turned tail on the fandom, trading their fins in for a pair of legs. Why? Boredom, perhaps. The mer within Second Life who do not take part in role-play spend most of their time on the shore. Only will they take to the seas if there is a party to be had.

"Barbie Mer" are what I've dubbed them as. They dress as mer and do nothing but shamelessly snap photos of themselves. They flaunt their new outfits to others and their friends, who in turn, are infected by this "virus" that spreads like wildfire. Soon, the mer, the REAL mer, are pushed away, for their RP has been destroyed by the ignorance of these novice mer.

The idea of being a mermaid to me is to BE a mermaid: to be curious and unfamiliar with human terms, inventions, or the like (unless you role-play as a mermaid who has been subject to much human interaction), to have a love for shiny treasures and shells! I am a mermaid through and through when I RP and I'm calling out to others. If you role-play as a mermaid on Second Life, then feel free to look me up (Ambialin Hapter) and I'll be more than happy to join you.

No comments:

Post a Comment